r Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week--So Jelly + Ocean Wave Borders

Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week--So Jelly + Ocean Wave Borders

Hey! Welcome back to my blog for another fun day of inspiration. Today we are sharing the new mini stamp set, So Jelly. Like all of the other Lawn Fawn mini stamp sets you get such cute images with even cuter sentiments to match; and, for such a great price ($4.00). When I first started my Lawn Fawn collection I was all about the minis, haha, because they were so cute and I wouldn't feel guilty for adding a ton of them to my shopping cart.

For todays card (shown above) I wanted to create a really pretty under water scene for the jelly fish and star fish, so of course I went straight to my distress inks to create this watercolor background. I used a variety of blue hues in both the regular distress ink, and mini distress ink sizes. Once I was done when that I thought it would a little bit too powerful of a background and I wanted to take it down a notch so that the adorable fish images wouldn't get lost in the background--so I took out a piece of vellum and used that to sort of diffuse the watercoloring that I did on the Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock. I also heat embossed both sentiments in white embossing powered and I think it made the card look great. I also wanted to have the waves incorporated into this design, somehow, so I used the new, Ocean Wave Borders, to get that effect. To color in the images I used my Copic markers--I just love the pastely vibe.

I hope you love this mini set just as much as I do, and if you'd like to see more DT samples feel free to click, here, to head over to the Lawn Fawn Blog for a closer look at the set along with an intro video by, Kelly Marie. There is lots of inspiration over there AND don't forget that you can also win a prize by leaving a comment on their blog, too!

Thanks for stopping by!

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week--So Jelly + Ocean Wave Borders

0 comments: