r Playful Pups

Playful Pups

Hi there! It's Nicole Gavaldon here, and today I'm excited with talk about how I created this CAS card using the new and adorable stamp set, Playful Pups. The puppy images in this set are so cute, and the fact that this set comes with a variety of different sentiments means you can create so many products for lots of different occasions. I used the, "Missing you is real ruff" sentiment for my project which would work as a 'Just Because' card, too.

If you take a closer look at the card I created you'll notice that I used the Mirror Image stamping technique to get the mirror image of this cute pup that's holding a tiny envelope in his/her mouth. I have so much fun using that technique for card making! I also took a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock and did some really clean and simple watercoloring using distress ink, and once it was dry I used the ME Femme Frames die, with the scalloped edge, to cut out the panel for the front of the card, and simply adhered that onto a piece of 100lb. white cardstock--with some 3D adhesive foam tape. The two pups are also backed with 3D adhesive foam and I used some white and silver twine to ground the two puppies so that they don't look like they are floating, hehe.

The possibilities are endless for this stamp set--you could create birthday cards, birthday cupcake toppers, treat bag tags, and even projects for Valentine's Day with the, "I've got a spot in my heart for you", sentiment! I hope you enjoyed my very first designer series blog post for ME and thank you so much for stopping by.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Playful Pups

0 comments: